Aug 17, 2014

Oh, hello again!

Thanks to receiving a comment on a previous post I re-discovered my blog today! Looking back on the latest gap in time it is apparent to me why I didn't blog between September and March. Last September I got a job as a personal assistant to a man in a wheelchair, and I worked for him more or less full time until March. I really disliked working for him, and my quality of life definitely took a big dip, but when I stopped working for him in late March I was so happy to finally be rid of him!

However, I was so tired and just felt all blaaaaah so I stayed at home for a little over a month before I could even muster the energy to go to the employment office and begin the long and arduous journey of finding a new job. I really hate working just because that's what you're supposed to do, and I think the way we view work and money in our society today is royally fucked up.

I long for a simpler life, having a small farm and a nice house in the countryside where I live in a collective with my friends and family! Growing our own food, feeding our own animals and making sure they have a good life before we eat them, spending time in nature, living, loving, laughing in peace and happiness is all I want from life!

This is my dream lifestyle, but I have a hard time seeing it actually happening. I mean, it's definitely not impossible, it's just...hard. Maybe it will become my reality in the future, but for now I have to keep trudging in modern society to take care of myself and my little family. Btw, the little surprise I hinted at in a previous post about my kitten Misha was that we were actually adopting his brother Sasha as well! So now, we have two cats who are a little over 1 year old, and they are both a blessing and a huge pain in the ass. Some days we hate them, but most of the time we love them dearly.

Misha and Sasha

Misha

Misha and Sasha as kittens, adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment