Aug 20, 2014

Autumn longing

So...yeah...what's new? Nothing much in my life at the mo really... Well, the tutoring firm called me today and said they wanted to hire me, so I'm supposed to go by on Monday and sign the contract. This means I now have three part time jobs, wohoo... And tomorrow I have to work for a cheeky, dirty old man, but whatever...at least I get paid for it.

August is almost over and here in Gothenburg you can really tell autumn is on its way. This past week has been somewhat cold and rainy, which is normal for Gothenburg I guess, but this summer has been extremely warm and sunny, so the return back to "normal" weather has kind of taken me by surprise. It's mostly welcome by me though, since I have never been much for hot weather, but it also means we haven't gone swimming at our newfound place Ganlet for the past few weeks. I've gone swimming in the ocean (and once in a lake) several times this summer, and it's been absolutely lovely, and I JUST LOVE SWIMMING SO MUCH!! So the arrival of autumn also makes me a little sad, since it puts a stopper to my frolicking in the waves.


The cliffs at Ganlet



Ganlet is near enough to our apartment for us to ride our bikes there (takes about 15 minutes). Swedish summer is just so beautiful, especially at dusk and sunset!




However, I do love autumn in all its crispness and coziness and natural, beautiful colours! Having cold weather also makes it possible, even desirable, to put on fleece pajamas, fuzzy socks and curl up in bed with the cats, a cup of tea, and a good book, which I've been doing the past few days. I honestly can't wait for the autumn storms to begin so that I can take refreshing walks in the windy loveliness that is the Swedish west coast, and snuggle up in bed with some fika after! I love it when it's windy, because it feels...hm, difficult to explain, but it feels like I can breathe, and I feel more alive and at peace at the same time. This is why I have a hard time imagining ever living more inland, because I don't think I would be happy in a place that isn't windswept. 'Windswept' is such a lovely word...

Anywho! I'll leave you with these random musings for now...

Sasha and I in bed yesterday

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment