May 12, 2010

Sceptre of Deception

Hmmm trying to focus on essay writing is not the easiest task... I have managed to write about 10 pages now, when finished it should be 15-20 pages, so I'm not that far away from my goal! =) I do, however, have barely one month to finish it, plus all the other crap I'm supposed to do in school! Oh, Shakespeare, if I could, I would do as Blackadder and go back in time and punch you in the face. At least sometimes I feel like that :P

If you are wondering what my essay is about I will be happy to tell you. I'm writing a C-Essay for my English course, 15 points all in all, which means points equal to half the term. In words more Linn-like: It's a big ass essay!
"But what is it about?" you may be asking. Well, the title is:
Language use in metal song lyrics: A study of the Swedish power metal band Falconer.
Oooh, a STUDY! Wow, that's specific! :P
Like Bea would say, "splainy?!"
I can share my purpose with you (this is a sneak peak from the abstract in my essay):
The purpose of this essay is to investigate the different linguistic aspects of a certain subgenre of metal music, power metal, to get a general picture of the language use in metal song lyrics.

There! Understand now?
Aaah, screw you guys, I'm goin' home!

No comments:

Post a Comment